On the second day of blogmas my true love gave to me… Sweet treats and lots of candy!! Sorry I had to. Anyway this is officially the first recipe on my blog and I’m so excited because food is one of my favourite things, mix food with christmas and you’ve got perfection. Today I wanted to share with you all my super easy and delicious 3 ingredient White Chocolate Peppermint Oreo Bark, woah that’s a mouthful.
The other week I invited my friend Issy over for a christmas sleepover and at every sleepover there is one key essential.. FOOD!! Instead of the usual chips and ice-cream we decided to make our own christmas inspired treats and they turned out to be so yummy and really easy to make (trust me I’m the worst cook and even I could make this).
When it’s christmas what’s better than getting cozy by the christmas tree while watching a christmas movie and eating as much chocolate as possible. This white chocolate peppermint oreo bark is a perfect gift or something to bring to a christmas party but good luck not eating the whole thing before it gets there haha.
Enough of me blabbing about how good it tastes, let’s get straight into the recipe!!
White Chocolate Peppermint Oreo Bark
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Serves: Roughly 45 pieces of bark made
- 600g white chocolate
- 16-18 oreos, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup crushed candy canes
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper, make sure there is paper hanging over the edges to be able to lift the bark out easily of the tray later.
- Place Oreos in a ziplock bag and use the side of a fork to roughly chop them up. I like to keep them in rather large chunks as it will keep that white look on the surface or the chocolate (unlike cookies and cream ice-cream which tends to look more of a grey colour).
- Place candy canes in a separate ziplock bag and repeat the same method as step 2.
- Break up the white chocolate and put it in a medium bowl. I prefer the method of putting the glass bowl over a pot of simmering water and stir until it has melted but you could also do this in a microwave and stir at 20 second intervals until melted.
- When the white chocolate is fully melted add the Oreos and mix together.
- Pour the white chocolate and Oreo mixture onto the pre-lined baking tray and evenly spread the mixture.
- Sprinkle the crushed candy canes over the top of the mixture and place tray in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes to completely harden.
- Lift the bark out of the tray using the overhanging paper when it’s completely hardened and roughly cut it into pieces using a knife or break it up with your hands.
- Serve immediately or store in an air tight container for several months in the refrigerator.
Print the recipe HERE.
And that’s it, its super simple and honestly so delicious. My friend and I definitely ate more than we should have but it was too good to stop. I loved cooking and sharing my simple little creation with you all and get ready because I have a few more festive treats coming up soon. I’d love for you to try out this recipe and tell me what you thought ♡. I’ll talk with you very soon for blogmas day 3!!