It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas and you know what that calls for…? A super easy and cute DIY to bring a little more holiday cheer to your home!!
I’ve always loved snow globes, they’re like winter wonderlands captured in a little glass dome. However I’ve had a tough experience with them in the past, my favourite one fell off the mantle piece when I was about six and shattered leaving snow flecks, water and glass scattered all over the living room floor, safe to say it’s not a fond memory. With this super easy and cute DIY I know that that’s never going to happen again, thank God!
I was inspired after seeing quite a few different photos of Car in a Jar snow globes on my Pinterest recommended so I headed to the craft store to get my supplies so I could do my own little variation and share it with all of you, so lets get right on with it.
What you will need:
- A Jar
- Big and small white pom-poms
- A toy car (I found one in a box of my brothers old toys)
- Miniature Christmas trees, I found these adorable pink ones at my local craft store
- Mod podge
- Fine glitter
- Thin string
- Sticky tape
How to make it:
- I put some mod podge in the bottom of my jar and sprinkled fine white and purple iridescent glitter in the jar to give it more of a frosty snow look
- I then placed all of my larger white pom-poms in the jar (i used approximately 20)
- I then used the smaller ones to fill in any gaps
- I tied one of the mini Christmas trees on top of the toy car using some twine and placed in the centre of the jar
- I then dotted the other Christmas trees around until I liked the way they looked
- Then I threaded the string through the mini pom-poms (you could glue them too if you want) and used tape to stick them to the top of the jar, this is what makes it loom like there’s falling snow, you of course don’t have to add this but I thought it made it look a little more like a real snow globe so I added them in
- The final step is to tie a ribbon around the top of the jar to just add that little extra touch and you’re all done
7 quick and easy steps to make the cutest little Car in a Jar snow globe!! You can be as creative as you want with this DIY, make a whole town scene in a bigger jar, or use a smaller jar and just put one tree in it for a more minimalistic look. I had so much fun making this while watching the Princess Switch with I highly recommend, all the cheesy christmas movie goodness you need to get in the spirit. I’m going to keep this post a little shorter today so I don’t bore you with my endless rambling but thank you for reading and I’d love to see if you make one of your own so please do tag me on instagram with is @sophie_maie.