Over the past few weeks I was nominated by a few lovely girls for some blogging awards. It’s always so wonderful when I get nominated for these awards so thank you to Styled By McKenz for nominating me for The Mystery Blogger Award and Rosinalee & AmzLifeStyle for nominating me for The Blogger Recognition Award. I’m all for spreading love in the blogging community and these awards are such a nice way to not only spread love but share some other amazing blogs with your readers. I decided not to tag anyone specifically because I’d be here all day writing a list of bloggers I love. If you’re reading this then I totally think you deserve these awards and I’d love for you to do a post about them for yourself and let me know so I can read them x.
The Blogger Recognition Award
The rules are:
- Thank the blogger/s who nominated you and link their blog
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select 15 other bloggers for this award
- Let the people you nominated know that you nominated them
I’ve had 2 blogs in the past and both were massive fails but they led me here. One afternoon I spontaneously started a WordPress blog and never looked back. I’ve never done something that I love as much as I do with blogging, I feel like I’ve finally found something that I can honestly say is my passion. I’ve always loved writing and photography so combining the two only made sense and a blog was the perfect solution. Who knew I’d love it as much as I do? Thank you for your support with out you guys I probably would have given up like I did with my first 2 blogs hehe.
My advice to new bloggers is:
- Don’t stress about the numbers. There will be bloggers who are growing faster than you and you will be growing faster than other bloggers, all that matters is you and your blog. Growing a blog takes hard work and consistency, it won’t happen over night and that’s okay. If you truly love blogging it will show and people will enjoy what you’re writing and then you’ll see your blog grow but for now just enjoy blogging.
- Don’t worry if you re having trouble figuring out where you fit in the blogging world. I only found my place in december, up until then I was writing about things I wasn’t totally loving. After doing blogmas and trying a heap of different posts I know what I love writing and what I don’t as much, this was a big turning point for me and blogging. Just try out different things and stick with it, one day you’ll find your place.
Now onto The Mystery Blogger Award.
The rules are:
- thank the blogger who nominated you and link their blog
- Mention & link the blogger who made the award
- List 3 things about yourself
- Answer the 5 questions left by the nominator
- Nominate 10 bloggers
- ask 5 questions
- share links to your best/fave blog posts
3 Things About Me:
- Whenever I meet new people I’m ridiculously shy but once I know someone I’m the most loud and outgoing person ever.
- I used to have THE.WORST.STYLE.EVER like for real it was terrible, I just didn’t get it and now I look back and cringe haha.
- I’m going into my final year of high school this year and I’m pretty scared if I’m honest.
Questions left by McKenzie
What are your favourite blog posts to write? ~ If you’ve been here a while you’d know my blog is quite a mix of beauty, fashion and lifestyle so picking a favourite type is hard. I love lifestyle posts as I can show you all a bit more about me but in the future on here I’m going to be doing more beauty and fashion posts as I love them both. Expect more style posts and makeup looks *wink wink*.
What do you want to be when you’re older? ~ At this point in time I don’t have any set plans for my future. Right now I’m thinking of having a year off to work and figure things out after year 12 (and work super hard on my blog obvs).
If you could eat one food for the rest of your life what would it be? ~ Hmmm, I honestly don’t think I could choose. I love food so much that picking one thing is like asking a parent to pick their favourite child haha.
Are you closer with your mum or dad? ~ I’m not sure, I’m close with them both over different things so I couldn’t decide.
Have you ever been out of the country? ~ Yes, when I was 5 & 6 we went to Singapore for christmas, but I haven’t been anywhere since then. I want to travel everywhere in the future!!
Questions for anyone who wants to answer them:
- If you could only wear one colour for the rest of your life what would it be?
- You’ve got 5% on your phone and no charger what do you do?
- If you could travel anywhere right now where would you go?
- What do you love most about blogging?
- If you could change anything about your room what would it be?
My fave blog posts I’ve written:
Thank you so much to the three lovely girls for nominating me it was so much fun to write this post and I hope you all got to know me a little better. As I said before if you want to I’d love for anyone to write a post about these awards. Much love.