Falling For Oversized Denim

Denim. Denim. Denim. I’m obsessed and cannot stop wearing my oversized denim jacket everywhere. Seriously ask anyone who knows me and they can confirm that anywhere I go I will 100%, without a doubt, be wearing my denim jacket. It’s comfy, it keeps me warm and it literally goes with everything!! Is there nothing the trusty denim jacket can’t do.

Do you wanna know the best part… I got it for $15!! Yep you read that right, forget the $200 winter coats which would have to be dry cleaned and worn with extreme caution because god forbid a stain or smudge get on it. Now all I have to do is chuck on my denim jacket and I’m ready to go anywhere, from a cute cafe to a study sesh at the library. You can find denim jackets everywhere, if you do want to splash out a little more cash I know Topshop has some cool ones, but seriously pop into your local op-shop and I guarantee you’ll find a whole array of them.

I would leave a link for mine but I bought it from a shop that sells vintage one-off jackets and whole bunch of other super cute clothes, my wardrobe is quickly filling up with everything from them (it’s called Cheep for anyone living in Australia).

I think one of the best things about a denim jacket is how easy it is to make it your own. There are thousands of different styles of denim jackets so everyone can find one that they love, then you can easily customise them with patches, pins, embroidery and so on. Mine already has embroidery on it and I think it must’ve been from a horse racing place, I love it because no one, that I know of at least, has a jacket quite like mine.

I could rave about my love of denim jackets for days (I promise this won’t be the last time I talk about them) but I think I’ve convinced you enough to go on the hunt for your own or dig yours out from the back of your wardrobe. If you’re already rocking a denim jacket then let me know where you got yours from, I always have room for more in my wardrobe.

I hope you enjoyed this little outfit post, it’s a chilly Saturday night here and nothing makes me feel more cozy than sitting down in bed all tucked up and writing away to all of you. Expect plenty more fashion posts in the future but for now I’m going to chill out and watch some Netflix (whats new).

Share:

12 Comments

1. June 3, 2017 / 6:01 pm

It’s crazy as I’ve JUST been looking for an oversized denim jacket! I think they are SO perfect for all seasons, I really want a blue one- and maybe even a black or dusty pink one if I love them that much haha! Loved the post, you look so pretty!

Tash xx | thoughtfultash.wordpress.com

• Sophie
      June 4, 2017 / 10:45 am

Ooo yes I’m definitely keeping my out for some other colours too. They’re so versatile and as you said perfect for all seasons, I hope you find one you love soon xx

2. June 3, 2017 / 6:06 pm

Ahhh you gotta love a denim jacket! Love them so much, they go with literally everything and I love how it just spices up any outfit! Also, all the pictures are beautiful🌸

• Sophie
      June 4, 2017 / 10:46 am

Exactly, they’re perfect with every outfit!! Thanks girl xx

3. June 3, 2017 / 6:25 pm

I see oversized jackets everywhere but I still can’t seem to find one that works for me. I’m trying to look for just a plain one but I always come across one with flowers or writing on it. Hopefully I find one soon! Loved the post x

• Sophie
      June 4, 2017 / 10:47 am

Yeah a lot of shops now only sell ones with something already on them which is a bit annoying because sometimes you wanna personalise it yourself, hopefully you find one soon girl xx

• Sophie
      June 4, 2017 / 10:51 am

4. June 4, 2017 / 5:27 am

Loved this post! I seriously need to get myself a denim jacket. I’ve honestly wanted one for about 4 years now😂! Must do that this summer! I love yours, it’s so original and unique.

Tilly xx

• Sophie
      June 4, 2017 / 10:54 am

Thank you Tilly, I never knew how much I needed one until I got it and now I don’t know what I’d wear without it haha. xx

5. June 7, 2017 / 12:41 am

This is such a bargain buy I cant believe that it was only $15 and it looks like such good quality! Lovely post and such nice photos as well!
    Love Somachi xx

lovesomachi.blogspot.com

• Sophie
      June 11, 2017 / 9:03 am

I was so excited when I got it for such a good price, thank you for reading girl xx