I’ve been endlessly scrolling through Pinterest for days now, saving every pin I could find to give me bedroom inspiration. Why? you might ask.. well my room doesn’t show my style anymore, it’s a mix of my style from the past 4 years and I’m just not feeling it. I’ve been wanting to paint over my bright blue wall for a while now but I didn’t want to jump in unless I had a solid plan of what I wanted to do with my whole room. As you can see from the pictures above, I’m going for an airy/chic/minimalistic look, I want to walk into my room and feel like i’m in a whole new space that is totally me. I blame Mr.Kates epic room transformation youtube videos for sparking this desire in me to fully renovate my room (definitely check out her channel, I’m obsessed). But then again I’ve always adored decorating and designing spaces so it’s nothing too out of the ordinary.
I’ll quickly run you down on the key things I’m thinking of changing/adding:
- I’m hoping to remove my carpet which is old and has green paint stains from the previous people who lived here, great paint job guys, really top notch. To replace the carpet I’m desperate to get white floorboards, ahh I think they look absolutely lush and it’ll match the whole look I want perfectly!!
- I’m going to paint my blue feature wall white.
- On that wall I’m going to put 3 big prints, still not 100% decided yet but I’m thinking I might DIY two to go either side of the middle one which I’ve been eyeing on etsy.
- I’m going to move my set of draws into my wardrobe, and move my desk along the wall to make more space for…
- A clothing rack!! I love the look of a clothing rack with a few signature pieces of clothing, it adds so much life and personality to a room.
- I bought a faux grey and white cowhide today which will add some warmth and texture to my floor too.
That’s just my rough plan now, I guarantee it will change by the time I’ve finished haha. I just want my room to look more put together and hopefully have a laid back, chic vibe. All this will be happening over time, it’s definitely not a one day job. It’ll be a while until anything major happens but I’m so excited to build my new space and bring you all along with me. I hope you got a little bit of inspiration today, let me know if you like these types of Pinterest inspiration posts and I’ll definitely do more in the future.