When it comes to the holidays there’s nothing better than getting cozy by the tree and drinking a hot chocolate. Of course me being the christmas obsessed girl I am, I can’t just drink any regular hot chocolate during the holidays I have to make it the most festive hot chocolate ever. This is where my Peppermint White Hot Chocolate comes in. It is sooooo good and so damn festive, just looking at it makes me break out into jingle bells. It’s sweet and rich and so delicious that I just can’t help myself but drink it with in a few minutes. I really hope you get a chance to try out this cup of christmas joy sometime soon and if you do please let me know what you thought!!
Peppermint White Hot Chocolate
Prep time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup of milk
- 100g white chocolate (you can add less if you want it to be a less chocolatey but I wanted to go all out)
- 2-4 drops of peppermint extract (depending on how strong you want the peppermint flavour to be)
- Whipped cream and crushed candy canes for topping
- Combine milk and white chocolate in a small saucepan. Heat over low-medium heat until the white chocolate is fully melted and the milk is hot. Don’t allow to boil.
- Take off the heat and stir in peppermint extract. Pour the hot chocolate into a mug and top with whipped cream and crushed candy canes.
Print the recipe HERE.
Thank you for reading and thank you so much for 100 followers!! It was so exciting to reach this as I never thought I would reach it before the end of 2016. Every view, like, comment and follow brightens my day more than you can imagine. I’ll definitely have a more in-depth post about all this after christmas ♡.
Love Sophie xx