One of my main goals for 2019 is to read more, as last year was an utter failure with maybe 2 books total being read, whoops. Today I thought I’d share with you all the books that are on my figurative bookshelf waiting to be read this year. I’m so excited to get lost in books the way I used to and find another escape from the stress of life by going into another little world for 300 pages or so.
I’ve decided not to be too over the top with my goals, even though I’d love to spend my days reading constantly there are a lot of factors that just don’t let that happen *uni agh*, so I’ve gone for 1 book each month, not too much but not too little, I’m ready for the reading to begin.
There are so many amazing books that I want to read however you may notice they’re all very romance focused, it’s not so much that I’m opposed to other genres its more the fact that I’ve never really stepped out of my reading comfort zone, however I’m always open for any suggestions of any books you think are worth a read regardless of genre. I did stumble upon Reasons to Stay Alive while scrolling through good reads and I can’t wait to read this book as it’s a take on mental health, mostly depression, which is supposedly a lot more real and relatable so I’m looking forward to giving it a read and if it’s any good (which I’m sure it will be) I’ll definitely be writing a post about it, plus it’s a little different to my usual reads.
Anyway without anymore chatting let’s get into the list.
The books I want to read this year…
- Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman ~ I already have a copy of this one and I’m hoping to finish it by the end of January.
- Reasons to Stay Alive by Matt Haig
- Wilde about the girl by Louise Pentland ~ I adored the first book and when I walked into the bookstore the other day and saw this sitting on the shelves I was so excited.
- The Accidental Beauty Queen by Teri Wilson
- Bridget Jones’s Diary by Helen Fielding ~ One of my favourite movies and yet I’ve never read the book, I know shame on me but this year I’m going to change that.
- Can You Keep a Secret by Sophie Kinsella
- The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang
- The Female Persuasion by Meg Wolitzer
- All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
- I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson
- Where’d You Go Bernadette by Maria Semple
- The Chaos of Standing Still by Jessica Brody
So there we have it, 12 books and 12 months to read them, lets do it.
This post was a bit shorter I know, I suppose that’s a good thing for those of you who want a straight to the point blog post unlike my usual ramble on for days type posts. You can expect one of those coming soon as I’m eager to have another good old chat.
I would love to hear what books are on your to-read list this year, so do let me know.
All the love.